To avoid phishing scams:
- Never reply to email asking for personal information
- Only divulge personal information when you initiate the service call
- If you receive a request to wire money, pick up the phone and talk with someone to validate
- When in doubt, do not click a link (Open a separate web browser and log directly into your official account - not via a link)
- Download some smartphone apps to keep mobile transactions safe
The email also contained a link to those particular smartphone apps as follows:
In the technological age we are in, there is no telling what people will do to try to gain your personal information! Keep yourself and your information safe!!